This is pretty much a no-brainer for anyone who already stays home, but it really does make life easier if you can get out of the house. My challenge is always to make sure I don’t stay so busy with playdates or field trips that I either lose track of chores that really do have to get done sometimes or tire us all out too much.
Some of our favorite places to escape:
- the library (shocking, I know)
- the neighborhood playground
- the NC Museum of Life and Science (I hope to do a full post on this place soon!)
- Southpoint Mall (nice indoor play area, when it’s not too full of kids)
- Duke Gardens (we have to go there anyway to pick up our produce box each week)
- Durham Farmers’ Market (although this is usually a weekend, family affair)
There are lots of other places we visit less frequently–especially when we have playdates–but those are our standbys. I am grateful to have so many places around for when we just need to get out of the house! I also just recently discovered The Stir Crazy Moms’ Guide to Durham, which is a treasure trove of places in the RDU triangle area to check out. We’ve been busy enough this summer that I haven’t had a chance to check out someplace new recommended here, but I have it in mind for later in the summer or early fall!