…is not very interesting if you are not actively leading it. Recently, it has included:
- Sitting in the carpool line. (This is actually a great development of kindergarten…since the girls are in their carseats, as long as I make sure they also have books, I can get 15-25 minutes of reading time in!)
- Checking a backpack each afternoon and morning for lunchbox, homework, notes to teacher, etc.
- Getting up at a reasonable hour every single school day.
- Teaching my first Sunday school class of the year.
- Getting free dinner from my husband’s amazing advisor and his extremely gracious family.
- Shopping for kids’ shoes and clothes.
- Falling onto the couch around 9 and wasting my life on sitcoms until bedtime (although I am enjoying our new discovery time-waster of Parks and Recreation.)
- Praying that the U.S. does not attack Syria.
- Dishes and laundry.
I think that’s most of the highlights. I’ve cut back from an average of 3 blog posts a week to 2 anyway (to be explained in a future blog post I have only started drafting), but as you can see, this week is not much to write home about. I’ll still have library books on Thursday, though!
Despite the lack of blog fodder, life is good, and I hope the same is true for you.